YKSUG is in the top three among Belarusian universities in Webometrics
In the updated ranking of Webometrics, published in early February of 2017, Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno is in the top 3 among Belarusian higher educational institutions.
Belarusian State University is still first in the national ranking of Webometrics, second place belongs to Belarusian National Technical University, our alma mater ranked third.
Moreover, Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno traditionally maintained its leading position among higher educational institutions of Grodno. So, Grodno State Medical University is in 7th place rating among the universities of Belarus, Grodno State Agrarian University occupies the 30th position.
According to the version of Webometrics in the top 10 Belarusian universities are:
1. Belarusian State University;
2. Belarusian National Technical University;
3. Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno;
4. Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics;
5. Francisk Skorina Gomel State University;
6. Belarusian State Technological University;
7. Grodno State Medical University;
8. Vitebsk State Technological University;
9. Maxim Tank Belarusian State Pedagogical University;
10. Vitebsk State University named after P.M. Masherov.
It is also worth noting that in the ranking of institutional repositories Ranking Web of Repositories (Webometrics) electronic library "Works of scientists of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno" ranked fourth among digital libraries of universities in the country (800 in the world rankings). In the first place in the ranking is traditionally the electronic library of BSU (135), in the second – repository of BNTU (470), in the third – BSEU (751).
Ranking Web of Universities (Webometrics Ranking of World Universities) was created in 2004 and during 12 years is calculated by research group Cybermetrics, part of the National Research Council of Spain. It assesses the representation and citation of the Internet not only universities, but also medical institutions, business schools, research centres and libraries belonging to the universities. The main rating criteria are considered to be the occupancy rate, the degree of support and popularity of the websites of the universities.