Teachers and students celebrated the 81st anniversary of the foundation of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno on February, 22
Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, as well as the guests of honor, took part in the festive event. In her welcoming speech, Rector Irina Kiturko noted:
– Despite the fact that the previous year was for all of us not only a year of great opportunities, but also great challenges, the staff of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno can be proud of certain successes that we managed to achieve. We have opened 4 new specialties, organized a digital admissions office at the university during the entrance campaign for the first time. We adopted the Corporate Code and at the end of the year approved the Strategy of Advanced Development of the university. The name of our new Strategy sounds ambitious, but I am sure that we will be able to achieve the goals that we have set for ourselves.
In his congratulatory speech, Viktor Pranyuk, Deputy Chairman of Grodno Regional Executive Committee, also drew attention to the purposefulness of teachers and students, which helps to get high results. He noted the achievements of students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno in sports, and also recalled that last year the newspaper of the University won the "Golden Letter" at the main competition of print media in Belarus.
– I am sure that Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno has a great future, because you always strive not just to keep up with the times, but to be one step ahead. For example, you always think about what specialists will be in demand in the labor market tomorrow, and open these specialties at your university today. This is very important.
Representatives of Grodno State Medical University also came to congratulate Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno on its next birthday. The First Vice-Rector of GrSMU Vitaly Vorobyov noted the long-term fruitful cooperation between two regional universities.
- Representatives of our universities successfully cooperate both in the field of education and in the development of modern digital technologies.
In his congratulatory speech, the First Vice-Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno Oleg Romanov noted:
– One of the main trends in modern society is to increase the value of a person. Each of us will be inspired to work, create and strive for results, if he feels care for himself, will feel a high appreciation of his work. We strive to support the preservation and development of humanity at our university.
- The number 81 is the beginning of a new decade. All the activities of our university are directed to the future, to new achievements, to new heights. And I wish everyone an irresistible desire for new successes, which will move each of us forward, " Yury Bialykh addressed the participants of the festive meeting.
During the festive event, the staff, students and teachers of the university were awarded for high personal achievements. The creative students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno prepared their musical gift. They decorated the festive event dedicated to the 81st birthday of their native Alma mater with pop vocal performances.