Nuremberg gingerbread, German sausages, Swedish sweets, Polish waffles, pancakes with cottage cheese and honey: an international evening brought together the students of the Summer School of the Russian Language
The international evening, where each participant of the Summer School was able to present himself, the country and knowledge of the Russian language, was held at the Yanka Kupala Grodno State University on August, 10 in an online and offline format.
Germany, Italy, China, Poland, Sweden – the countries that were represented at the thematic event by the students of the Summer School.
- The summer school of the Russian language is essentially international. And respect for national peculiarities and traditions is one of the principles of successful intercultural communication, – said Inna Samoilova, head of the Department of Language Training of Belarusian and Foreign Citizens. – This event is aimed at popularizing youth creativity, activating educational activities for the study of the Russian language.
According to Irina Kraskovskaya, senior lecturer of the Department of Language Training of Belarusian and Foreign Citizens, students have been preparing for the international evening for a week. The lottery helped to determine the country for the presentation:
– It is very interesting when the participants of the Summer School talk not about their country, but about each other's homeland. This contributes to cultural exchange and the creation of a friendly atmosphere in an international team.
In addition to the presentation of countries, the students of the school brought their own national dishes. German sausages, gingerbread cakes from Nuremberg, sweets from Sweden, various types of Polish waffles, pancakes with cottage cheese and honey, Belarusian marshmallows, kvass and kefir were able to try everything. During the evening, the participants of the Summer School made a real gastronomic journey.
Today, on August 11, students will learn about Belarusian national dishes during a language cafe, and tomorrow, on August 12 – during a master class on their preparation.
Foreign guests will study Russian at Yanka Kupala Grodno State University until August 13.
Yanka Kupala State State University summed up the results of the Summer Academy of the Russian Language-2021
For two weeks, foreign guests from Germany, China and Sweden not only studied Russian, but also conducted research in the field of applied linguistics. On Friday, August 27, the participants of the Summer Academy defended their scientific projects and received certificates.
The result of the implementation of the educational program at the Summer Academy was the preparation of linguistic projects and their defense. Students of the Russian language under the guidance of teachers of the Department of Language training of Belarusian and foreign citizens for two weeks studied the nominations of shops in Grodno and the nominations of public catering dishes in Grodno in semantic, component and etymological aspects. After the training, the students presented their projects to the expert commission and told about the results of the work done in Russian.
– All the students demonstrated not only a high level of mastery of the Russian language, but also formed skills of independent research work. The projects that were prepared by foreign students in two weeks, according to the degree of study of the material, correspond to a good course work, on which our students work throughout the academic year. This shows that the students are motivated, they approached the research work very seriously, with a high degree of responsibility – " said Inna Samoilova, head of the Department of Language Training of Belarusian and Foreign Citizens.
The guys also shared their impressions about the experience they received at the Yanka Kupala State University.
Yang Cheng from China is a 3rd-year student of BSU, majoring in "World Economy", has been studying Russian for two years:
– While studying at the Summer Academy, I gained useful experience in conducting scientific research, because in the new academic year I will have to prepare a course work. Every day, for two hours in the classroom and then for two hours on my own, I was engaged in research of the nominations of stores in the city of Grodno. It was also very interesting to communicate with other participants of the Summer Academy-representatives of Sweden and Germany. It was also important for me to get acquainted with the city of Grodno, because I didn't know anything about it before.
Russian Russian teacher Eric Malmgren from Sweden, who works as a tour guide, said that before coming to Belarus, he studied Russian only online:
– It was important for me to plunge into the language environment, so I studied at the Summer School of the Russian Language, and then stayed at the Summer Academy. At the Summer Academy, he devoted a lot of time to completing homework and research work. I didn't have enough time to go to the zoo or to the cinema, but I think that I have significantly improved my Russian.
Future ecologist Marlene Westeker from Germany took online training at the Summer School of the Russian Language this summer, and then came to Grodno and continued studying the great and mighty within the walls of Kupala University at the Summer Academy:
– I think that each of us has improved his Russian during his studies at the Summer Academy and learned a lot about Belarus, Grodno, and the university. My expectations from the training were met. If there is an opportunity, I will come here again next year.
The teachers received feedback from the project participants. The students told what they liked most during the training, expressed their wishes and shared their plans. The event ended with the presentation of personal certificates.
The Summer Academy of the Russian Language at the Yanka Kupala State University was organized for the second time. In the period from August 15 to 28, 2021, foreigners studied the Russian language and conducted research on applied linguistics. In addition, they were offered a cultural program that helped them to fully immerse themselves in the language environment.
The project was organized by the Department of Language Training of Belarusian and Foreign Citizens of the Faculty of Pre-university Training.
Students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno can have lunch in the canteens of the University at a discount
At present students can have lunch not only tasty, but also profitable. A 10% discount applies to all full-time students. To get it, you need to provide a student card.
The university takes care that the students have a hearty and healthy lunch.
Graduate students and master students, students of colleges of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno can also have lunch at a discount. It is enough to provide a confirming document. This opportunity appeared thanks to the changes made to the resolution of the Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade of the Republic of Belarus No. 66 dated August, 13, 2018.
We make sure that it is profitable and comfortable for the children to have lunch. The main thing is that students do not forget to take student cards.
The discount will apply to all products of our own production, and the documents must be presented to the cashier when calculating.
Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno Irina Kiturko congratulated the schoolchildren on the beginning of the new academic year
Pupils of the secondary schools No. 7 and No. 18 in Grodno were given sets of stationery collected by volunteers of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno as a part of charity event.
Rector Irina Kiturko traditionally meets with schoolchildren at the beginning of the new academic year, tells them about the university and presents useful gifts.
– Together with our students who studied well at school, and then entered Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, we came to congratulate you on the beginning of the new academic year, - Irina Fedorovna addressed the pupils. – And we want to wish you, guys, success in your studies, and teachers – talented and creative pupils.
Rector asked pupils about how they spent the summer, what they did during the holidays and whether they missed school and their school friends. The children willingly speculated about what the Day of Knowledge is and how two wonderful holidays New Year and a new academic year differ. Irina Kiturko noted that the doors of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno are always open for children of Grodno schools, and in the future the Rector will be glad to see the children among the students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno.
Volunteers prepared 16 gifts as a part of the "Let's prepare children for School" campaign. In August, for several days, students collected school stationery: writing materials, paints, pencils, sketchbooks, sets for children's creativity, colored paper were brought to the main building of the University, and also handed over to volunteers in supermarkets in Grodno. Teachers and employees of the University joined the charity event.
An extended meeting of the University Council was held at Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno
The participants of the meeting summed up the results of the work in the previous academic year and determined the aims and tasks for the next year.
The extended meeting of the University Council was dedicated to the beginning of the new academic year. The event was held with the participation of the Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno and honorary guests, among whom were Deputy Chairman of State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus Andrey Kovalchuk, Deputy Chairman of Grodno Regional Executive Committee Viktor Pranyuk, head of Grodno regional Customs Alexander Pihun, Chairman of Grodno regional organization of the Belarusian Trade Union of Education and Science Workers Vera Grishechko.
Irina Kiturko, Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, congratulated everyone on the beginning of the new academic year and noted that it has already become a good tradition to sum up the results and determine the tasks for the new academic year within the framework of the extended meeting of the University Council.
- Thank you all for the professionalism, unity, and corporate spirit that exists at our University. The last academic year was not easy, but it proved that our University influences many important processes in the education system of the Republic. Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno is one of the first to be included in various state projects. Meetings of various levels are regularly held on the basis of our University. Once again, I thank everyone who took an active part in strengthening the image of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno last academic year, – Irina Kiturko said.
Speaking about the tasks for the new academic year, Irina Kiturko drew attention to the fact that it is necessary to continue working on the implementation of the University's digital transformation strategy: this is, first of all, the expansion of the use of ICT in the educational process and the creation of a "smart" infrastructure. The Rector also noted that the student-centered approach in the learning process should remain among the priority areas of development.
– One of our main tasks is to identify, reveal and realize the potential of everyone, and this is consistent with the Mission of the university. We have created all the conditions for supporting gifted and talented students. And our task is to more actively identify such students who have ideas for their own projects, and help them in the implementation of their plans and initiatives, - Irina Kiturko said.
Among the tasks set by the rector is the creation of a concept for promoting the University in the ratings, as well as the development of a personnel policy until 2025. Irina Kiturko emphasized that the further successful development of the University depends on the personnel potential. During the report, the Rector University also outlined the main guidelines that were given at the Republican Pedagogical Council. As it was announced, in the near future we will have to reboot the education system in the country, since life itself requires new approaches from us both in teaching and in educating representatives of the new generation. All the upcoming changes will be reflected in the Concept of the development of the education system of the Republic of Belarus until 2030 – a document that was discussed during the large forum of teachers of the republic.
– We are entering the new academic year with good results of the admission campaign, - Irina Kiturko, Rector of Yanka Kupala State University, summed up her speech. – No additional recruitment was announced at our University, because motivated applicants came to us, and we fulfilled the recruitment plan completely. And it is worth noting that this year we had more budget places than in the past. And this is a certain degree of confidence from the Ministry of Education of the country.
During the meeting, Rector Irina Kiturko, as well as the guests of honor, presented the University employees with well-deserved awards for achievements in their professional activities. Students who adequately represented our country and their native Alma mater at international intellectual and sports competitions were also noted. And according to tradition, congratulations on the beginning of the new academic year and wishes of success in implementing new projects and achieving ambitious goals were addressed to all teachers and students.
The event "Dedication to students" was held at Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno
Within the framework of the event, Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno Irina Kiturko gave a lecture for the first-year students.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Rector greeted everyone, noting that a new life begins for the first-year students, each of them becomes a part of the big University family.
– Today we are meeting first-year students at Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno. You all came here with equal opportunities. And in my first lecture, I will tell you about the opportunities that our University offers to every student, I will introduce you more closely to the educational institution that you have chosen. We are grateful to you for your choice, Rector Irina Kiturko addressed the participants of the event.
Then Rector gave a lecture entitled "The University of your opportunities". She told about the conditions created at Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno for identifying and developing the potential of students, for their self-realization in science, education, creativity and sports. The first-year students also learned interesting facts about the history of formation of the University and about what important projects are being implemented in an educational institution that students can already consider their Alma mater.
According to tradition, as part of the event "Dedication to Students", student tickets were awarded to the best first-year students, those who showed high results during this year's entrance campaign. Then the first-year students took an oath to bear the title of a student of Yanka Kupala State University with dignity, to spare no effort and time to comprehend the sciences and continue the good traditions of Belarusian students.
During the event, the students were also told about the digital educational environment created at the University, about the concept of practice-oriented education, about the funds operating at the university, thanks to which students can count on financial support for their ideas, innovative projects and initiatives. First-year students learned that specially created mobile applications «Freshman's Memo» and «Electronic schedule» will help them to adapt to the educational process faster.
By the way, this year Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno accepted 2,258 first-year students. First-year students of not only all faculties of the university, but also students of Technological, Humanitarian, Lida and Volkovysk colleges of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno were invited to the meeting with the Rector. First-year students could also join the event online: a live broadcast was conducted on the university's website. Tomorrow, on August, 31, another meeting of the rector with the first-year students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno will take place.
Students and teachers are invited to participate in the autumn festival "Marathon of Sports and Health"
The competition will be held from September, 6 to 10, applications for participation are accepted until September, 3.
Competitions will be held at the sports base of the Faculty of Physical Culture of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno at 32, Zakharova Street. In accordance with the regulations on the event, national teams of faculties and other structural divisions formed from among students and employees of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno compete.
Competitions will be held in the following types: mini-football, beach volleyball, table tennis, 3x3 basketball, darts, relay race, bocce, Hula-Hoop competition, as well as volleyball and football competitions. The winners and prize-winners according to the results of each of the competitions are awarded with valuable gifts.
The autumn festival "Marathon of Sports and Health" is held with the aim of activating mass sports movement, popularizing a healthy lifestyle, as well as joining students and employees of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno regular physical culture and sports.
Spend the last weekend of summer together – all students, teachers and staff members are waiting for the holiday «Augustow Canal in the culture of three peoples»
The regional open Folk Art Festival gathers participants at the gateway "Dombrovka" on August, 28.
The festival program includes festive trade, a boat ride, sports games and a variety of entertainment events. The holiday will begin at noon. On the main stage, concert performances will be presented by creative teams of Grodno region, the headliner of the festival folk band «Nerush» (Minsk) will perform, the dance program «Augustow Open-Air» is planned. In addition, interactive platforms for children and adults will work; there will be a battle of accordion players, a competition for eating draniki for speed and a master class in folk dances.
All students, teachers and staff members are invited to have fun in the fresh air, recharge with positive emotions before starting of a new academic year and communicate with each other in an informal atmosphere. The time and place of the meeting is Saturday, August, 28, the Augustow Canal, the Dombrovka gateway.
The Republican Pedagogical Council continues in Minsk
The delegation of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno headed by Rector Irina Kiturko is also taking part in the large-scale forum.
The Republican Pedagogical Council started its work the day before. On August, 23 12 thematic sections worked on the basis of various educational institutions in the capital. Rector of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno Irina Kiturko and First Vice-Rector Yury Romanovsky made reports during the dialogue platforms. Irina Fedorovna spoke about new approaches to conducting an entrance campaign at higher education institutions. The report on the topic "Training of highly qualified researchers: the experience of Yanka Kupala State University" was presented by Yury Romanovsky during a meeting of one of the sections.
The Large Pedagogical Forum will continue its work on August, 24 at a plenary session, the participants of which will discuss issues of improving the quality of national education at all its levels and stages. Among the main topics are the development of mixed forms of education that combine traditional learning with distance learning, the use of various teaching methods, the variability of curricula in accordance with the requests of students, the independence of educational institutions in the formation of curricula and the selection of textbooks on a competitive basis, the formation of the necessary competencies of teachers, the creation of a modern digital educational environment. Participants of the Republican Pedagogical Council will also be able to get acquainted with the exhibition of effective pedagogical experience, creative achievements of teachers, new educational and methodological literature, educational resources and technologies in the field of education. According to the results of the work of the pedagogical council, the main directions of further development of the field of education will be determined. At the same time, it is planned to adopt the Concept of the development of the education system of the Republic of Belarus until 2030 as a basis.
The vaccination campaign against coronavirus infection continues at Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno
Almost 600 employees of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno have already received the first component of the vaccine, 504 employees have been issued a medical certificate of full vaccination.
You can get vaccinated on the basis of the university: Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno regularly conducts field vaccinations of employees. Before vaccination, the doctor examines, clarifies the presence of diseases that may affect the course of the post-vaccination period, measures the pressure. Employees who are injected with the second component of the vaccine are immediately issued a medical certificate, on the basis of which they can apply to the City Polyclinic No. 1 of Grodno and issue a certificate of full vaccination.
A new academic year is ahead, which means it's time to think about getting vaccinated and protecting yourself and your loved ones from coronavirus infection. The next vaccination of employees of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno will be held on August, 20. It will be possible to get vaccinated from 1 pm. to 3 pm. in the main building at 22 Ozheshko Street, room 123. On August, 24 the mobile vaccination point will work from 1 pm. to 3 pm. on the campus: the medical unit of the dormitory No. 6.