Modernisation of Master Curriculum in ICT for
Enhancing Student Employability
“This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.”
Co-founded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the Eurpoean Union
Project Duration: 01.03.2019 - 28.02.2022
Project Number: 598330-EPP-1-2018-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Project Members & Partners
University of Applied Sciences Emden / Leer (HSEL)
University of Wroclaw (UWR)
IT University of Copenhagen (ITU)
Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (BSUIR)
Polotsk State University (PSU)
Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel (GSTU)
Brest State Technical University (BrSTU)
Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (YKSUG)
Belarus has high potential with its human resources professionals in ICT for attracting international business to the country. Since 2005, the share of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) services in the structure of Belarusian exports increased more than sevenfold and has been listed as second in the total exports of services, following transport. This situation has created a gap between the challenges of the global market and skills/competences belarusian ICT graduates have at entering the profession.
The main task of MACICT is to make specialists adept at growing professionally to fit fastly developing global trends in the sector and international market of technologies
- To modernise the existing curriculum on the MSc study programme in ICT by updating the existing professional study courses through incorporating the EU partners’ best practices.
- To modernise the existing master curriculum in ICT by incorporating new interdisciplinary courses to equip students with competitive knowledge.
- To accredit the programme
- To develop and apply the guidelines to enhance the modernised MSc study programme in ICT by attracting master students and the labour market to the evaluation and further enhancement of the MSc.
- To run the modernised MSc study programme at the pilot stage.
- To promote EU and BY students' cooperation by conducting real-life problems solving projects by international student groups.
- 5 upgraded professional and 5 new soft/transferable skills courses
- About 1000 study materials and training MSc students
- Quality Assurance guideline for the modernised MSc
- 3 intakes of students, working with employers (up to 50 companies in Belarus)
- Updates for target groups and stakeholders
- 8 international student projects
- Measurements of pedagogical approaches and methods
- Teachers trainings in Belarus by EU partners
EPAM Systems International
Cisco Systems Netherlands Holdings B.V. - Belarus Branch
Ministry of Education in Belarus
Regional Committee for SME Business at the Chief Executive Committee in the city of Minsk and Minsk region
Polotsk Regional Centre for Supporting SME Business
Gomel Regional Centre for Supporting SME Business
Brest Regional Centre for Supporting SME Business
Grodno Regional Centre for Supporting SME Business
MaCICT website - macict.eu
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/macict.eu/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_macict_/
VKontakte - macict