Visiting Professor Programme
The "Visiting Professor" programme is being implemented at the university on the basis of the “Education and Youth Policy” State Programme for 2016-2020, approved by the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of March 28, 2016 No. 250. The aim of the Programme is to improve the quality of education by involving leading lecturers and scientists of the Republic of Belarus and foreign countries in the implementation of educational programs.
31 foreign specialists took part in the Programme in 2017 from 9 countries (the Russian Federation, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Poland, Austria, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Kingdom of Spain, Ukraine, United States of America). In 2018 - 22 foreign specialists from 8 countries (the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, United States of America, the Republic of Poland, Estonia, Czech Republic, Germany, Georgia).
Among foreign specialists who gave lectures and conducted seminars for students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno are:
- Vladislav Serikov - Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Education, Honoured Science Worker of the Russian Federation, Winner of Russian Federation Government Prize in Education;
- Marek Kręglewski - President of the Compostela Group of Universities, Professor of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan;
- Boris Pruzhinin - Professor at the School of Philosophy at the Faculty of Humanities of National Research University Higher School of Economics, the chief editor of the scientific journal "Voprosy Filosofii" ("Questions of Philosophy"), Scientific Leader of the "Scientific Council on the Philosophy of Education and the Problems of the Methodology of Research in Education" at the "Division of the Philosophy of Education and Theoretical Pedagogy" RAS;
- Andrzej Klimek - Vice-Rector for Student Affairs of the Academy of Physical Education named after Bronislav Cech in Krakow, Deputy Director of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences of the Academy;
- Andrei Shafarevich - Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Professor of the Department of Differential Geometry and Applications Lomonosov Moscow State University, Deputy Dean for Scientific Work of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics;
- Natalia Kozlova - D., Professor of the Department of Civil Law, Deputy Dean (for research work) of the Faculty of Law of the Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- Stanislav Sobolevsky - an Associate Professor of Practice at the Center for Urban Science and Progress at New York University and a Research Affiliate at the MIT Senseable City Lab., Doctor of Science in Mathematics;
- Enrique Federico Quero Gervilla - Dean of the Faculty of Translation, Professor of the Department of Greek and Slavic Philology, Head of the Department of Slavic Philology of the University of Granada;
- Muhammad Naeem Khan - Dean Faculty of Life Sciences, Professor of Zoology of the University of the Punjab.
Among foreign specialists who gave lectures and conducted seminars for students of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno in 2018 are:
- John Parrish-Sprowl - Professor of Communication Studies, Director of the Global Health Communication Center, Adjunct Faculty in Women's Studies, Russian and Eastern Institute, and University College;
- Larisa Belyaeva– Doctor of Philology, Professor, Honored Scientist of Russia, Professor of the Department of Educational Technology in Philology, Russian State Pedagogical University named after А.I. Herzen (St. Petersburg, Russian Federation);
- Andrzej Klimek - the Vice Rector for Student Services, PhD, the University School of Physical Education in Krakow;
- Lutz Recke – Professor, Dr. sc., Humboldt University of Berlin, Institute of Mathematics, Berlin;
- Ivan Kiguradze - Dr. sc. (Phys. & Math.), Professor, Full Member (Academician) of the Georgian Academy of Sciences, Chief Researcher of A. Razmadze Mathematical Institute and Head of Department of Differential Equations, the chief editor of the "Georgian Mathematical Journal" and "Memoirs on Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics";
- Miroslav Mašláň - Professor, President for technology transfer, Palacky University in Olomouc, Faculty of Science.