HISTORY

Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno is a young heart of Grodno, one of the most beautiful cities of Belarus. It's a major regional University in Belarus. The present success of the University is deeply rooted into its past.
 

1940

the building on 22 Ozheshko str. welcomed the first students of the Teachers' Institute.

1944

the Institute was reorganized into Grodno State Pedagogical Institute.

late 1950s

the Institute was named after a famous Belarusian poet Yanka Kupala.

1978

Yanka Kupala Grodno State Pedagogical Institute was awarded the status of the University.

1998

Institute for Professional Skills Upgrading and Executive and Specialists Retraining was organized. In 2007 it was renamed into Institute for Professional Skills Upgrading and Personnel Retraining.

2001-2006

four colleges were included into Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno: the Volkovysk College, the Lida College, the Humanitarian College, the Technological College.

2010

Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno was the first among regional universities of Belarus to receive national and international certificates of compliance of quality management system to the requirements of STB ISO 9001-2009 and DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 (series of standards ISO 9000); and the University was awarded the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of quality.

2015, 2018,

 

2021

Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno confirmed the title of laureate of  the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of quality. This Prize was established by Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated 05.11.1998 No. 1705 in order to increase the competitiveness of products, works performed, services rendered manufactured in the Republic of Belarus, and to ensure recognition of achievements in the field of quality of products (works and services).
banner11 banner21 banner31